Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kidnapped child finds family through Facebook after 22 years

Alex Anfuso is an Italian born man who grew up in Egypt with his father.  He was born to an Italian mother and when he was aged 5 he was kidnapped by his own father and brought to Egypt.  At the time of the kidnapping, in 1987, his mother was imprisoned in a jail in Rome’s Rebibbia.  Alex has been living in the Egyptian capital, Cairo for the past 22 years under a new name and identity.  Even after spending the past two decades in Egypt he still does not have a birth certificate or residency in the country. 

The man took to the social networking site Facebook in an attempt to find his family members in Italy and posted the following message: “My name is Alex.  I am looking for my family. I am looking for my mother.”

Read More of this story Kidnapped child finds family through Facebook after 22 years

No comments:

Post a Comment